December 28, 2013

This is Breath of Fire 6. Apparently.


I was never a hardcore superfan of Breath of Fire, but I did play around a bit with Capcom's JRPG series over the years, and I enjoyed many aspects of it. It had some novel character ideas and fun mechanics I could appreciate, but nothing that truly hooked me for an extended period. Still, even I am a little offended by the announcement of Breath of Fire 6, which at this point is looking more and more like a superficial attempt to latch a familiar brand name onto an unnecessarily "social" browser/mobile product. Where is the little blue-haired guy named Ryu, who turns into a dragon?

Some recent media has popped up on Capcom's official Japanese page for the game, and I shared my early assessment of it over on Examiner.com. Feel free to take in a few shots of the screens and artwork, and see what I had to say.


Breath of Fire 6 takes a sharp departure from tradition (Examiner.com)



No comments:

Post a Comment